Monday 8 April 2013

The Realisation About My MA

It's been brewing in my mind for a while but last night when thinking through all that has happened over the past year, my thoughts were solidified.

I wish I could go back in time and decide against doing an MA.

Sure it's great to have an MA on my CV and I still want to be a journalist/writer but if the option of time travel were available then I would go back in time and probably study media at school and then take a media studies BA.

After numerous years of education, I feel like I've reached my educational peak.

I guess what I'm also trying to say is that I just want a full-time job. I'm fed up of having no money and wasting away my weekend at my part-time job that is in no way related to journalism.

To make matters even more confusing, there seems to be numerous end dates for this degree. I finish class time in four weeks, end a run of deadlines in seven weeks but then I have a course-related work placement at the beginning of June and then I have a major project to hand in at the end of September.

If someone could offer me a writing job as soon as possible, then I'd be forever in your debt.


No comments:

Post a Comment