Friday 12 October 2012

The Girl With The Same Shoes

As I'm now two weeks into my new degree, I've worked out that it only takes me around twenty minutes each morning to reach campus.

During the first week of classes, I was keen to make sure I was never late. However, I was turning up too early. I was always the first one to class and this made me fairly sad as I could have had an extra twenty minutes in bed.

I decided to do my calculations and I worked out that I could leave at half past the hour and grab a tea in the cafe before learning would commence.

However on Thursday, the laissez-faire bug hit me and I was late to leave my house. In a panicked mode, I forgot to gel my hair and I'm fairly sure I was wearing only clothes that were blue.

I sprung out the house, not literally, and I marched onwards to campus. I reached my super secret alleyway cut-through, yet there was a girl in front of me who would no doubt slow my rapid progress. You see when it comes to walking, I only have one speed setting. Fast.

Wondering how I would overtake her in a fashion that would make me look not creepy, I noticed something that was becoming all to familiar. She was wearing the same shoes as me.

The reason why I say it was familiar is because I discovered only a week before that my older sister had the same trainers as me.

I realise you may now be thinking that I have a fetish for women's trainers, but I assure you that I don't. They are regular, run-of-the-mill white hi-top converse.

"If I overtake her then she will see that we are wearing the same shoes." I worriedly thought.

I assessed all the options available. Overtake her quickly. Stay behind all the way to campus. Take my shoes off and walk in my socks. Going home and changing, perhaps?

I checked my watch and noticed that I would probably make my class, just, at the pace that I was walking.

"What did you do, Alex?" is the question that I assume you are now thinking.

Well, I stayed well behind the girl all the way to campus by walking as slowly as my long legs would go.

You'll be glad to know that I made it to class just in time with my reputation still in tact.


No comments:

Post a Comment