Thursday 5 December 2013

Blogmas - December 3

I know that I've started a few days late but I was working on Sunday and Monday - no one wants to read about that, do they?

It was my Dad's birthday on Tuesday. He did a half-day at work so once he returned home, my sister and I went with him to Kingston to do a bit of shopping and have a spot of lunch.


Dad was looking for some aftershave so we headed to Boots as that was where he had previously bought some.

He was looking for a smell that he had in the past but didn't know the name of the product. He tried a few and - after dropping a load of those tester sticks on the floor - he settled on what he believed was his previous Hugo Boss scent.

It is almost tradition that whenever I go to Kingston I have to go into HMV.

"You never know what sort of bargain you can pick up!" I protest if anyone questions a visit to His Master's Voice.

My sister bought half the shop, including a Now That's What I Call... Disney Princesses CD.

She is 25.

I went down a more intellectual route and purchased Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa and a Doctor Who DVD from the Patrick Troughton years.

We then went for lunch in the classiest of establishments - The King's Tun, a Wetherspoon's pub.

I had a mixed grill, Dad had a burger and my sister had a cheese and tomato toastie. Being the good son that I am, I paid.

It was during a bite on her toastie that my sister remembered our most important shopping mission - we had to buy an advent calendar.

My mum had failed to buy one this year so we went into a Wilkinson store. If you've never been to a Wilkinson store then imagine a slightly nicer 99p store with fewer people and no products thrown all over the floor.

Sadly it turned out that they had no advent calendars left so we - well I - left disappointed and we drove home.

The hunt for an advent calendar - any advent calendar - would continue...

You can follow me on Twitter @Alex_Harris1991


No comments:

Post a Comment