Wednesday 5 December 2012

The Christmas Blog

Its Chrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistmaaaaaaasssssss!

That's right. T'is the season to be jolly.

I know that it is still three weeks until Christmas but I am very much in the festive mood this year. Since the age of about 14, Christmas has become less exciting as the priorities of the day have shifted away from receiving presents.

However, this year seems to be a different kettle of fish. I attended Kingston's Christmas light switch-on for the first time in ages and I brought a hot chocolate from Starbucks the other day and it came in those lovely festive red cups.

Upon finishing university on Monday, I walked into Kingston town centre to purchase a present and card for my Dad's birthday and I decided it would be wise to begin my Christmas shopping.

I went into HMV and, after much searching, I brought Rihanna's new album for my sister. I expected the shop to be empty at 5pm but I ended up queueing for around ten minutes. And they say that we're in dire economic straits...

In addition to these exciting events, it also snowed in the UK today which really emphasised that Christmas is just around the corner.

Excitement is building, I have my MA Journalism Christmas party on Monday and a big friends of the family meal next Sunday.

Christmas should be celebrated in a jolly manner, so be merry and pleasant over the coming weeks.

Follow me on Twitter @Alex_Harris1991


4 comments:

  1. I have only had a tiny bit of snow here and that melted after a couple of hours. The joys of living in the Uk haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, very true. We didn't get much snow and then it turned into that horrible, slippery ice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is getting colder here too.
    Have a good day.
    New to your blog . Care to follow back ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it seems like its getting cold everywhere! :P
    Welcome to my blog, I'll be sure to check yours out!

    ReplyDelete