Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Return To University

It's that time of the year yet again.

Nope, I'm not talking about the time to start breaking those hard thought New Years Resolutions. No, I am talking about the return to university for the second term of the year.

It is a big time of year for every student. The next batch of coursework needs to be written, exams need to be revised for and the dissertation has to be written.

However, beyond the work that I manage to get done with some hard-work and effort, I also have to be applying for jobs.

The reason why? Oh, because I keep getting rejected by every single one I apply for. I received rejection from Apple, United Biscuits didn't quite want me to reach their assessment centre stage whilst Lidl decided that despite my experience and personality, I wasn't quite right.

I'm still in the dilemma that I was in before. I don't know whether I quite want to enter the world of work yet but on the other hand I'm not totally motivated by the idea of doing a postgraduate degree.

However, one idea is bubbling away that seems to be swaying me towards preferring the job route. Quite simply, I want to go travelling in the summer and see as much of the world as possible. The problem is, this will only be possible if I have a guaranteed job waiting for me come September.

Is that the correct motivation to want a job? Probably not. Do I really care? Not really. Not really.


1 comment:

  1. Probably more people than most are just doing it for the money... Not cynically, but just that this is the way they feed their family or get their kids educated or even fund their next trip.. No need to feel bad about it :).

    ReplyDelete