Tuesday 24 July 2012

The Gym

One of my passions in life is sport. Now, I've always been into sport, I used to play football all the time, I competed in athletics for my school and I've tried my hand at tennis. Hell, I've even played ultimate frisbee.

However, I've always had a slight fear of the gym and that is the main reason why I've never really gone to the gym on a regular basis. 

You get two types of the people in the gym. You have the, how to put this, slightly rotund people who are looking to lose weight and then you have the meatheads who dominate the weights section. 

I don't fit into either of these groups. I'm pretty skinny but I'm also fairly healthy and fit. So I go to the gym simply to put on weight and to gain some muscle. Sadly that means that I would have to train with these meatheads, but these people seem to be lacking in the gym that I attend. 

You see, I go to The Gym. It is literally called The Gym. 

"Witty!" You remark upon hearing this ingenious name. 

I quite like it though and it means that I can actually say "I am going to the The Gym!" like a proud, gym-going bunny. 

I've been going to the gym now for three weeks and I seem to be making progress as I'm lifting heavier, I'm feeling stronger and best of all I've realised that it's a fun hobby. 

If you are reading this now, go to your local gym as I'm sure you'll have a good time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment