Sunday 9 October 2011

The Yes Philosophy

You're probably wondering about the lack of posts recently. Well, I've moved back to University into my new house with my new housemates but there's one small snag. We haven't sorted out the Internet yet. Or the tv come to think of it.

Now, there's always been something I've wanted to do and I realised today after spending yesturday night home alone as I was ill I got really bored. I woke up this morning after a lenghty sleep and decided it was time to do what I have always wanted.

Anyone who knows me or follows this blog will know I'm a fan of Danny Wallace. You see, I want to follow what he did in Yes Man and say yes to everything. It seems like the right time.

Here's the deal. I've decided that I'm going to set the time frame to be two weeks. That's right two weeks of relentless usage of the word yes.

You'll be glad to know that Day 1 was already a partial success. I decided to head to the library and I ended up saying yes to entering a writing competition for the newspaper i. From there I ended up going to dinner with a housemate and a few of his friends and it culminated in going to a house party, although that wasn't the greatest event ever.

Anyway, I shall report back in two weeks. In the meantime, I'm off to Dublin on Friday and I'm sure I'll have a story to tell from that.


No comments:

Post a Comment